How to Select Best Egg Donor?November 8, 2017
How to Find Best Doctor for Fertility Treatment?November 11, 2017
Although many people still think that infertility is the common problem in women, the male partner also contributes equally. According to a study the factors that contributes towards male infertility is diet, lifestyle choices, drinking and smoking habits, stressful environment and many such factors. In fact it’s been proven that 40% of infertility cases are due to women and 40% are due to men and remaining are from the factors that are unknown causes of infertility.
Treatment options for male infertility:
- Semen analysis is the most common and quick way to identify any issue in male fertility. The result of semen analysis shows the quality and quantity of the males sperm. the semen analysis basically consists of four parameters:
- Semen volume: semen volume is the amount of ejaculated semen sample. As per the doctor normal semen volume should be 1.5 ml.
- Sperm count: sperm count is the concentration that is number of sperms in the semen collected, and it should at least contain 15 million sperm, it is expected that the more the sample is collected the more you get the fertilized eggs. When the sperm count is less than expected, it becomes difficult to conceive.
- Sperm motility: motility is basically the movement of sperm. In a healthy sperm 32% of moving sperm are considered to be normal, when motility falls it becomes difficult for sperm to travel through women’s reproductive organ.
- Semen morphology: morphology refers to the sperm which are normal in size and shape. This test helps to find out total number of sperms with abnormal shapes and which cannot be fertilized to become an embryo.
Diet and lifestyle to follow for male fertility
- The following are the measures by which you can improve male fertility:
- Avoid exposure to heat
- Don’t use drugs
- Excessive drinking is a major cause that contributes towards male infertility.
- Go herbal
- Avoid stress and have a relaxing environment
Related Links: IVF Clinic in Delhi | IVF Cost Delhi