Does stress cause infertility?October 17, 2017
3 Reasons to go for IVFOctober 19, 2017
Infertility is defined as incompetence to get pregnant after a long period of unprotected intercourse. It’s not necessary that the reason for unable to conceive lay in women, both men and women can be responsible for the infertility issues. When we talk about infertility in women, infertility treatment is vital for those who are trying to conceive but still are unsuccessful despite for various attempts. Therefore it’s very important for couples to have a proper medical assistance when it comes to pregnancy.
Does women’s age affects pregnancy?
Every women is blessed with finite number of eggs, thus as there is progress in reproductive years both the number of eggs and the quality of eggs diminishes. It’s been estimated that the chances to conceive decreases 5%-10% after the age of 30 yrs. This reduction in fertility is noticed when the age extends above 40.
Infertility issues in women:
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes: fallopian tubes are responsible for carrying eggs from ovaries to the uterus, if damage occurs it prevents the contact between the eggs and the sperm.
- Hormonal imbalance: Women may experience various issues during ovulation, the most common being when release of eggs from ovary and lining of uterus (endometrial) in the process of fertilized egg do not occur. The problem may be detected using temperature charts of body, ovulation prediction and other blood tests.
- Cervical issues: cervical problems are basically when the sperm is not able to pass through cervical canal.
- Endometriosis: it basically occurs when the endometrial tissues starts growing outside uterus, affecting ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes and their functions as a result leads to complications in pregnancy.
- Unexplained causes: an unexpected infertility may be caused when the causes for infertility are not clearly defined or are unidentifiable. In such case advance methods to treat women’s fertility is used.
Methods to treat female infertility
- Blood tests
- Hysterosalpingography ( HSG)
TREATMENTS FOR FEMALE INFERTILITY
- Assisted reproductive technology or commonly known as ART
- In vitro fertilization ( ivf)
- Medical therapies
- Egg donation surrogacy