Stand with its trunk grapping the soil to provide shade to the infertile couples.
W ith the advancement in the field of medical sciences, We people rely ourselves completely on the medical science and the doctors that they will provide solution to every health problem of ours. Similar is the case when we face the infertility problem. To our believes, doctors provides fertility treatment also to the infertile couples who are not able to conceive naturally. IUI treatment is one of those and allows the couple to conceive by the fertility treatment when they are not able to do so naturally.
IUI which is the acronym of Intrauterine Insemination is the process being practiced in the laboratory. IUI treatment is an assisted conception method involving the separation of the fast moving sperms from non moving sperms. During IUI treatment, the selected sperms are inseminated into the into the uterus near to the female’s egg at the time of ovulation. In some of cases to increase the chances of fertilization so that the couple can conceive, the treatment is combined with usage of fertility drugs.
- IUI is used in conditions
- Procedure of IUI treatment
- Time period IUI takes
- Success Rate of IUI
- Risk of IUI treatment
- IUI is not recommended for:
- Disadvantages of IUI
- Male partner with low sperm count
- Male partner with reduced sperm mobility
- Requirement of sperm donor
- Ejaculation dysfunction
- Need for help to conceive, for example, in case of partner being suffering from some infection
- Difficult to have sex because of psychosexual problems
There are some requirements from both the partners to accomplish the IUI treatment. They are listed as below:Requirements From Male Partner:
- Movement of sperm
- Shape of sperm
- Sperm Count
- Open Fallopian Tubes
- Healthy and Normal ovulation Cycle
- Open Uterine Cavity
- Step 1: Performed around the time of ovulation
Takes place within 24-36 hours after the surge in LH hormone indicating that ovulation will occur soon.
- Step 2: Separation of semen
Semen sample is washed by the lab technicians for the separation of semen from seminal fluid.
- Step 3:Insertion of sperm into uterus
Separated semen/sperm is inserted into the uterus directly using the catheter.
- IUI process increases the probability of conception thus enabling the chances to bring a new life.
- 16 per cent for the couple under the age of 35
- 11 per cent for the couple under the age between 35 and 39
- 11 Percent per IUI cycle without using fertility drugs
- 5 percent per IUI cycle with fertility drugs
- 5 percent if couple is between 40-42
- 1 percent if the couple is over the age of 44
- Female partners suffering from severe disease of the Fallopian tubes.
- Female partners with past history of pelvic infections
- Female partners with medium to high endometriosis.
- Insemination timing is vital, therefore female partner with sperm sample should be on her toe to visit the hospital at any point of time.
- Time consuming; requires multiple visits to the hospital
- Uncomfortable due to the insertion of catheter. You may feel cramps during the menstrual cycle pain.
- Risk of developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).