E ndometriosis is defined to be the condition of abnormal growth of cells called as endometrial cell.
T hese cells are found to be present outside the uterus and the other organs of the pelvis. This particular condition is found to be prevalent among the females who are currently facing the problem of infertility when compared with the fertile females. Although this conditions does not specifically cause infertility. Endometriosis affects the woman reproductive organs.
Symptoms of Endometriosis
Although the specific symptoms which ensures that the person is affected by endometriosis is not yet identified but the below mentioned are symptoms which have been reported so far. They are as follows:
- Painful Urination
- Lower Back Pain
- Blood in Urine( Specifically during mensuration)
- Irregular or Heavy Mensuration
- Lower abdominal pain
- Chronic Fatigue
Chest Pain and Blood in cough are also the symptoms of endometriosis that are rarely encountered in diagnosis. Headache and seizures are symptoms identified when the person is identified by the endometriosis in the brain.
Causes of endometriosis
- Having first pregnancy at an older age
- First cycle of period before the age of 11years.
- Low body weight
- Alcohol use
- Change in the immune cells
- Regularly having less than 27 days of gaps between the period or shorter regular cycle
- Heavy bleeding lasting longer than five days
Types of endometriosis
Various types of endometriosis prevalent are as follow:
- Outside the pelvis; this is rare
- In the liver, nose, eye, brain
- Adolescent endometriosis, having different causes
- Abdominal wall, often associated with the previous operation scarring
Superficial peritoneal patches
Factors lowering the risk of endometriosis
Some of the factors which can lower the risk of endometriosis are as follows:
- Younger age of first pregnancy
- Breastfeeding for longer period
- Regular exercise of more than four hours in a week
- How many children you have; the chances of getting affected with endometriosis gets lower with each pregnancy.