W e should be proud enough to enjoy the benefits of the advancements of the medical science. This medical science advancement has been a boon for all the expected couples facing the infertility issues. Dynamic Fertility and IVF Center is the destination where experts have been providing the best treatments to the infertile couples and offering them the hale and hearty lifestyle. Diagnostic Hysteroscopy being provided is the endeavor from the bucket of medicine enduring the one to live long and disease free after giving birth and undergoing the treatment.
What is Diagnostic Hysteroscopy?
Diagnostic hysteroscopy as inferred from the name itself; is the treatment in which the problem of the uterus are being diagnosed. It is widely used for confirming the results of the other tests too, like hysterosalpingography(HSG).
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy is the best treatment widely used in diagnostic as this can be done in large no of times in an office setting. This can be used in conjunction with the other treatments like laparoscopy etc.
Predominately, diagnostic hysteroscopy is divided into two systems as follows:
This is also referred to as Direct Optical. These days all those who refers the hysteroscopy, directs refers to panoramic technique. This technique involves the distendation of the uterine cavity with either liquid or gas and are further evaluated with the hysteroscope.
This procedure is different from the panoramic as this does not involve any distending media. In this, hysteroscope is directly passed into the uterus with the gentle contact with the endometrial lining so as to obtain the maximum magnification.
Indications for Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
Some of the conditions are evaluated with the Diagnostic Hysteroscopy which can be further treated with the operative hysteroscopic techniques. Various indications for the diagnostic hysteroscopy are as such:
- Foreign body removal which includes intrauterine devices, retained fetal bone
- Suspected Mullerian anomalies
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Abnormal test findings of HSG
- Thickened endometrial lining on sonography
Contraindications for Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
Few contraindications associated with the Diagnostic Hysteroscopy are as follows:
- Unpracticised surgeon
- Expedient intrauterine pregnancy
- Active pelvic infection
- Cervical or Uterine cancer among females
Diagnostic Hysteroscopy Technique
As specified earlier, this is the examination of the intrauterine diseases without any of the therapeutic intervention. In order to do the Diagnostic Hysteroscopy, the experts must be accurate about the knowledge of the placement of the uterus to facilitate the procedure. The procedure of this is carried out in the following manner:
- Placement in lithotomy position of the patient and preparation of the vagina with povidone iodine.
- Sims reactors retracts the posterior vaginal wall followed by visualization of the cervix.
- Commencement of the flow of distention media as hysteroscope engages into the external os of the cervix.
- Once the advancement of endoscope is done, distention media causes the separation of the wall of endocervix.
- Identification of the internal os as narrow constrictive opening and the manipulation of the hysteroscope into uterine cavity.
This procedure can be well conducted with or without anaesthesia too as per the patient conditions.